Hershey's Kisses

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Independent Dog

Tuesday and Wednesday have been weaning days - we have to get Hershey ready to spend all day on her own while Chris is at school and I am at work. Since Chris has been very busy at school right now, I've tried to stay home whenever I can - Monday I was able to spend the whole day with Hershey. Chris was missed though, she was quite calm until he got home - her tail waggles insanely when she sees someone who's been away for a while.

Tuesday I had work to do in the morning so Chris stayed at home with her. They went on a very nice long walk through Mill Creek ravine and played around the house too. She spent 2 hours alone in her room while we swapped; no messes, no trouble! I had to go to the grocers in the mid-afternoon, so, for 45 minutes she had the first floor (except my office and the bathroom) to herself. Again, no messes, no trouble! She was very interested in the new toys I brought back - her chewing has been very "consistent" to say it nicely on her good toys, so I got her two tougher toys to destroy at will - a hard rope twist and a softer baseball stuffy. She loves both and is tearing them to shreds; happily this is helping her play nicer with her other toys. I also got her some pepperoni sticks (the ones we would actually eat, not dog-brand kinds) and put small pieces into her Kong Ball - she figured out how to get them out really quickly and is ravenous for the smell of pepperoni now. We also went for a short walk before the thunderstorms started - Hershey got to meet Brad and Christie who live a few blocks away. She got treats from both of them, but was far more interested in the soccer game across the street than chatting with us.

Wednesday has been another good weaning day - while I spent the whole day at work, Chris worked from home in the morning. Hershey spent 4 hours after lunch on her own, again, in her room, and was perfectly behaved. She got to share a tiny bit of my pizza for dinner and also played the pepperoni ball game again. We went for a quick walk and now she's finally getting the hang of the Cow stuff that our friends got for her (it's about time!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home