Hershey's Kisses

Monday, October 10, 2005

Day 2 clicker training pro!

Hershey has been doing great with the clicker training. She breezed through Day 1's tasks within 2 days of practice with both Chris and I. I was able to do Day 1 training with her outside which was great and very unexpected. We've now moved on to Day 2 which we started yesterday and she's been doing great with it too. I practiced the tasks with the door open in the kitchen (with the screendoor shut of course). She paid attention and was confident the whole time, even when cars drove past or the neighbor's dog was barking.

Today we'll try Day 2 outside and then we may move on to Day 3. I don't think we'll get past Day 4 or 5 before my parents arrive. I'm going to try to have them eat dinner with her around loose, but we'll see how that goes. I won't be able to have a party in the house while they're here unfortunately, instead, I may invite friends to join us for a lunch sometime...

Anyhow, I'm happy to report that things are still going well - we're optimistic and feel very good about Hershey's progress!

1 Comments:

  • Hey Elaine, you have a great blog here. I'am out searching for information on dog training course and found your site. Day 2 clicker training pro! is not exactly what I am looking for but it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on dog training course and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home