Hershey's Kisses

Monday, November 21, 2005

'Tis the Season!

There has been an awful lot of craziness this weekend for Hershey - and I'm not sure that she understands what is going on! First off, I rented a car this weekend, which is not a-typical, but nonetheless, Hersh knows that something is up when there's a second car in the driveway.

While Chris stayed home to prepare for his thesis, I kept leaving the house for extended periods of time and then returning with big bags and telling Hersh to get out of the way. Hmmm... and no toys or treats, which is also not normal (Hershey's so spoiled).

Finally, after 3 days of shopping (and I'm 90% done with Christmas stuff now), we put up our fake-o-tree! Hershey didn't know what to make of it - she's not scared, but she's not interested in smelling it or anything either. We've put balls and some other ornaments (but no lights, as we won't be around for the holidays - hence no real tree), and Hershey's had a few close calls! She chased one of her toys at the tree's base, going round one side and coming out the other, with a few balls swinging away on the branches. I think we did a good job of clamping the hangers down tight!

Anyhow, no presents under the tree for a while. She's still sneaky and mischievous! Today, for instance, during my breakfast, she tried to steal the banana peel from the kitchen table while I was sitting right there! I noticed, of course, it was right under my nose, and said "Hey! I see you!" Hershey, of course, knew she was trying to do something she isn't allowed to do, and stopped right away with the guiltiest look on her face. Silly girl. After getting her to sit and do a few other commands, I brought her to her room and gave her a treat for paying attention to me, and to confirm that doggie food is for doggies and stealing is never permitted.

So, I can't wait to celebrate our little Christmas here before going home. Hershey will be getting a few nice things from me, including her first fashionable apparel (that stupid diaper didn't count - poor thing)! But, just like the dog, you'll have to wait and see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home