Hershey's Kisses

Monday, July 11, 2005

Day 4 - Making huge progress

I have complained to the vet office and the manager has apologized. She agreed that the service we received was bad and she agreed to a 10% discount on the services (this should cover the extra rental day on the car plus some extra supplies I needed to get). She will be speaking to the staff about our case and will ensure that our next visit is perfect.

This has been very frustrating - I have been very glad to talk to Chris and my parents about my troubles, but to be honest I was a total wreck yesterday worrying and being upset. Anyhow, things for me as a dog parent are going much better.

Hershey is doing just great - she isn't troubled by the surgery at all anymore - she's just a bit slow and I'm trying to keep her from running still. We went on two walks yesterday, one to the Safeway where we sat outside with some people (and a snooty Border Collie), and in the evening we went to the 7-11 but that didn't go well - there were too many people, cars and her leash was not long enough to properly tie her to the posts. Anyhow, with a kind stranger's help, I was able to get her some jerky (we're all out of pepperoni) and I got a much deserved ice cream cone.

Her paw is healing nicely - I have been replacing the bandage daily. It should be good without a bandage tomorrow - apparently air is good for it too. We will spend the evening with it off while I can supervise. Her stomach scar is also doing well. All the fur that had to be shaved off of her is growing back already, although I'm sure she appreciates how the bald spots have helped her keep cool.

I have also contacted the kennel and they are fully aware of her situation. I feel she will be in good hands there. I have already prepared all her meals in baggies (the hard task of measuring out 1 cup of food!) and will be sending her off with her blanket, her cow stuffie, her new tooth-cleaning chewie, and some cookies and carrots. The staff there have been warned that she is shy and unsure of some other animals - we shall see how she fares.

I'll be putting a few pictures up before I leave for the week so you can all see how well she is doing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home