Hershey's Kisses

Friday, July 22, 2005

A great find

A while back I had been given a tip from one of the girls who works in the coffee shop by my office - she said there's a great little dog bakery on Whyte avenue around 90th street... I figured she got the address wrong because that's exactly where I live. A bit later, I found out there was apparently an animal pharmacy that was apparently in the same area. Again, I hadn't seen it - it didn't make sense.

Well last week while I was at the McDonalds drive through (guilty as charged!) I saw the bakery and pharmacy across the street! I didn't think it would be a good idea to walk Hershey the whole way there - not that it's far, but she's just not good on the roads yet. Anyhow, I biked over this morning and wow! The bakery is very cute, but a better find is the fact that they have a groomer on site (with excellent rates) and training classes too! The animal pharmacy next door to it was actually a full-sized pet store with tons of supplies, food, gear and a huge pharmacy section. I got Hershey some stiptic powder (this is used in case we clip her nails too short), some ear cleaning fluid, and some fur conditioner/refresher (her butt is stinky!)

I also got a special nose harness thing so that we can train Hershey not to pull while on a walk. We tried it out this afternoon - she's is NOT a fan, but it worked; right away, amazing. We'll try again tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, Chris will be coming home in about 2-3 hours - Hershey is in bed now so that she can get some rest; I'm sure she will be very excited and want to stay up when Chris arrives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home