Hershey's Kisses

Sunday, July 17, 2005

I miss my dog!



Less than twelve hours before I can get Hershey! I am very excited about seeing her, it's been a long 5 days without her, and it'll be good to see a friendly face after my long conference away from home.

The picture above is from a the day before I left for Grande Prairie - I decided to be all crazy with Hershey - I took all her toys and threw them around the kitchen. She had a great time playing with one toy for a few seconds and then switching to another one. If I had any toy, that was the one she wanted, I played a "choose one" game with her, where I picked two toys and held one in each hand. She had to jump to pick the one she wanted to stay; for example. she was given the option between the steak stuffie and the lambchop stuffie, then between the kong ball and the kong on a rope. It was interesting that she actually picked selectively - not always going for the same hand, etc.

I have also realized from this fun game that Hershey has A LOT of toys! She's almost destroyed a few things, I may "retire" them sooner rather than later!

While I was away, I did have the chance to call the kennel the morning after I dropped her off to see how she was doing. The kennel manager mentioned that she was rather timid but was playing very nicely with the other dogs, she would roll over (showing submission) at first, but then get her confidence up shortly after. It was good to hear. I also confirmed that she had taken her last dose of medication, and so, after tomorrow (when she gets her seutres out) we shouldn't have any other medical things to deal with for the rest of the year - what a relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home